Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mission accomplished

I have been incredibly hesitant to venture out of the house with the two babies on my own. I have come up with a list of excuses why I cannot do it. They nap at different times so I would have to wake one up to go out. I'm still under lifting restrictions after the c-section so I can't lift them both at the same time, thus can't get them into the stroller/car. If one of them freaks out on the walk, there is no second pair of hands to take her out of the stroller and carry her/feed her/calm her while we continue. The list keeps growing.
But it is BEAUTIFUL outside this week. Seriously. And I HATE winter and know that it will be here all too soon and am really getting bummed about not being able to soak up every minute of warm sunshine because of my dumb list. SO! Today we did it.
After lunch, they took turns getting dressed (hey, its okay to lounge in jammies for the morning nap!) and diapers changed and then it was time to figure out the transfer. Here is where the problem lies. My stroller is in the garage (detached from our house). There is not an option of me carrying both babies to the stroller and getting them in simultaneously. So, breaking those lovely rules of lifting restrictions, I put Delia in her car seat for the transfer. This made her WAY more heavy. With a 20lb babe in the other arm. Then we had to get out of the house. Our entry area has a really funny set up. There are 4 doors to open from the kitchen to get outside. FOUR doors. Can you just try to picture how ridiculous this was? But alas. I got through three of the four and was able to set Delia down (still in her car seat) in the sunroom. Eden and I walked to the garage and got the stroller and then parked it right outside of the 4th door while I put Eden in and then got Delia. Did I mention I also had my phone/keys/water bottle/camera in my hands? Just absurd.
But we got OUT! We walked about a mile before Eden decided she was ready for her nap and we headed home. The weather was beautiful and it felt great to be out....and its quite lovely now that they are both sleeping at the same time after all that fresh air!
It was much needed stress relief. Eden is cutting 4 teeth all at once - great because we get them over with all at once, but man is she a terror! She is so incredibly moody - it is seriously like living with a 13 year old girl! Her aunt will love having her for the weekend ;)
for some reason this tool is not letting me add pictures today so I'll have to come back for that later :)

No comments: